A pit bike is an edition of off-road bikes that comes with a cheaper engine capacity and price range. While dirt bikes are the best suit on dirt and muddy surfaces, a pit bike can run dexterously on pits.
While dirt bikes can be risky for beginners and kids, a pit bike can make the learning process smooth and easy for beginners. Even if you are an adult who has never tried the adventure of riding a dirt bike, a pit bike can be an excellent way to start your journey.
If you are interested in learning the basics of a pit bike, stay tuned with this article until the last to know every little information about a pit bike.
Characteristics of a pit bike
Before we enlist the differences between a pit bike and a dirt bike, it is essential to know the basics that a pit bike is going to ensure. Here are some of the things that you can expect from a pit bike-
- A pit bike comes with a smaller body construction, making it suitable for most beginners.
- The price range of a pit bike will be way cheaper than any other categories motorbikes.
- Pit bikes tend to come with a lower engine capacity. Although the cc level of a pit bike is lower, it tends to come with a four–stroke engine.
- Pit bikes are not designed for competitive purposes. As a recreational off-road vehicle, they only serve adventure lovers.
- Pit bikes will run smoothly on the pit areas of a racing track.
- Most of the time, the engine capacity of a pit bike will not be more than 150cc.
Who should choose a pit bike?
Because of the lower engine efficiency and smaller body, a pit bike is not for everyone. Indeed, a pit bike is more like a dirt bike. But it would not serve you the same as a dirt bike.
Let us find out who should choose a pit bike over a dirt bike-
- First of all, a pit bike is for beginners and teenagers. The lightweight construction with a smaller engine size makes it easier to hone the skill of riding a bike for most beginners and teenagers.
- A pit bike will produce very low speed, making it suitable for any adult who is trying to hone the skill of riding a bike.
- If you are an adventure lover who loves to compete in any pit bike tournament, a pit bike is for you.
- Besides, if you love outing with your friends very often, a pit bike may be the right choice for you.
- The chances of accidents are much lower with a pit bike. That means if you want to enjoy a safe riding experience, it is the pit bike that would serve you in the best way possible.
- Finally, if you have a tight budget but want to enjoy the adventure of a motorbike, a pit bike should be the item that you can choose.
What are the differences between a pit bike and a dirt bike?
As we have mentioned earlier that a pit bike is an edition of a dirt bike. That should not mean that a pit bike and a dirt bike are nearly the same. There are certain differences between these two categories. If you doubt whether you should choose a dirt bike or a pit bike, these are the differences that might help you in the long run-
- The first difference that everyone would be able to observe without having any technical knowledge between these two categories is the size of the bike. A pit bike tends to come with a smaller frame, whereas a dirt bike tends to come with a larger body frame.
- The engine capacity of a pit bike hardly exceeds 150cc, whereas the engine capacity of a dirt bike can reach as much as 450cc or more.
- Pit bikes are for kids and young enthusiasts, whereas dirt bikes are for every individual. From beginners to the professional, everyone can ride a dirt bike.
- Pit bikes tend to be way cheaper than dirt bikes. That means if you have a tight budget, a pit bike should be the ideal thing to grab.
- Dirt bikes tend to come with heavy-duty construction, whereas a pit bike will have a lightweight construction.
- Because of the higher engine efficiency, a dirt bike tends to produce more speed than a pit bike.
- Pit bikes will ensure more safety than dirt bikes. If you are a beginner and you prefer high-end safety, you should always go with the pit bike.
Pit bike vs. Dirt bike chart
Pit bikes have smaller sizes than dirt bikes.
Dirt bikes are larger than dirt bikes.
Most of the pit bikes tend to have less than 150cc engine capacity.
Dirt bikes engine can reach up to 650cc.
Pit bikes are for youth and beginners.
Dirt bikes are for both beginners and professionals.
Pit bikes are cheaper than dirt bikes.
Dirt bikes are expensive.
Pit bikes tend to come with lightweight construction.
Dirt bikes tend to come with heavy-duty construction.
Pit bikes have less speed.
Dirt bikes will have more speed than pit bikes.
Pit bikes are safer than dirt bikes.
Dirt bikes may cause accidents.
How much does a pit bike cost?
Now that we know most of the things regarding a pit bike, it is time to talk about the price ranges. As we have mentioned previously that a pit bike tends to be way cheaper than a dirt bike. In case you are thinking about purchasing a pit bike for you or for any of your dear person, the average cost for a pit bike would be from 250$ to 750$. In some special cases, the price can be cheaper or higher than out mentioned price range.
Indeed, a pit bike is for kids and teenagers. That should not mean that as an adult, you don't have the permission to ride a pit bike. If you are the type of person who has never learned to ride a bike, a pit bike can be an excellent choice to learn the basics of a bike. As they are cheaper and easy to maneuver, you will face no trouble while learning the basics. On top of that, a pit bike can be an excellent gift to your kids or grandchildren. Take the adventure of riding a bike without fewer chances of accidents with a pit bike.
Last Updated on June 16, 2022 by fahad