Carrying a pit bike on a small pickup car might seem logical, but how about fitting a pit bike in a smaller car to transport it to a long distance? Is it even possible to fit a pit bike in a car?
Yes, you can actually fit a pit bike in a mini car. Although the process can be tricky and complicated, it is not altogether impossible.
There are a couple of ways and tactics one can follow to fit a bike in a car. If you are thinking about transporting your pit bike to a long distance but do not have the appropriate carriage, we are here to show you some of the strategies you may follow to fit a bike or dirt bike in your car.
Should you try to fit a pit bike in a small car?
Even if we say that you should not try to fit a pit bike or dirt bike in a smaller car, we very well know that necessity knows no law.
Therefore, only go for fitting a motor bike when you do not have any other options left.
Having a good-sized pickup truck, hitch-mounted carrier, or a smaller dirt bike trailer may let you transport the pit bike to a long distance without any sort of complications. But fitting a pit bike inside of a car needs a lot of considerations. The following section will discuss some of the essential aspects everyone needs to consider while thinking about fitting a motor bike in a car.
What are the things to consider while fitting a pit bike inside of a car?
The top three factors you will need to take into consideration while trying to fit a pit bike inside of a car are:
- The size of your car.
- The size of the pit bike.
- Your creativity.
The size of your car
If you have a larger Sedan, fitting a motorbike inside of your car should be quite reasonable. But when the size is relatively smaller, the task starts to become complicated. Therefore, this is the very first thing you need to keep in mind while planning for fitting a bike in a car.
The size of the pit bike
Whether it is a dirt bike or a pit bike, the size of the bike plays an important role as well. One of the ideal ways to transport a motorbike to a long distance is by keeping it upright. Therefore, when the size of the bike becomes larger than the cargo space of your car, it becomes a little tougher to carry the motorbike with ease.
It is quite probable that you need to be creative enough to fit a motorbike inside of your car. The more creative you are, the better you should be able to fit the car in the appropriate position. The smaller the size of your car, the more creative you need to be to accomplish the job.
If you are not confident enough, you had better skip the job. Otherwise, you may struggle in the middle, which is never an ideal way at any moment at all.
How to fit a pit bike in a car?
When you do not have necessary alternatives like a pickup truck, carrier, or hitch trailer, fitting the pit bike inside of your car is the only way out. If you can’t place the bike upright, laying it down is the only way left. If you have a plan to do so, we have to mention that the task will never be an easier one. You have to dismantle the bike before you make the perfect placement. If you are willing to do so, the following steps are for you-
Fitting a pit bike by dismantling it
- Cardboard template.
- Necessary bolts, screws, oil, and fuel drainer tool, etcetera.
- Take a measurement of the bike size and the cargo space to ensure whether the bike will fit into that space or not.
- Make a little adjustment of the seats in the rear position if necessary.
- Drain the oil, fuel, and gas before you go for dismantling the bike. Even a little bit of oil leakage can make your journey a painful one. Therefore, keeping no way out for disturbance is one of the ideal ways to avoid any complications in the longer run.
- Dismount the chain guard, tires, handlebar, and everything removable. Secure all of the loose parts well so that you do not face any trouble while mounting them again.
- Zip tie-up the chain for better security.
- Place the bike inside of the car. Ensure that you have enough people to help you with the job.
- Cover it up very well so that any accidental leakage can be avoided.
That is it. We know it's not that simple as we have mentioned above. Truly speaking, that is the hardest possible option available on this list.
What other alternatives do you have?
There are plenty of options to transport a pit bike to a longer distance. The three most popular and easiest options to transport a pit bike to a longer distance are:
- Using a pickup truck.
- Hitch mounted carrier.
Using a pickup truck
One of the easiest and reasonable options available to transport any type of motorbike to a long-distance is using a pickup truck. Having a larger cargo space allows a truck to carry even two pit bikes with ease. Besides, the smaller size and weight of a pit bike should not create any issues at all while transporting the bike to a longer distance. Use an authentic rack to keep the bike upright in position while transporting. Besides, the market is loaded with thousands of transportation tools that might help you to transport the vehicle with ease.
Dirt bike trailer
Purchasing a dirt bike trailer may seem like an expensive option when you do not go here and there with your pit bike. But using a dirt bike trailer is another easiest option you can follow to transport your bike with more ease and comfort. Purchasing a good-sized dirt bike trailer will allow you to carry multiple numbers of pit bikes to a longer distance at a time.
Hitch mounted carrier
Another popular option most people love to use while transporting their motorbikes to a long-distance is using a hitch-mounted carrier. Attach the carrier to your car, and you are all set to go for the next route.
Using a hitch-mounted carrier is by far the simplest approach one can undertake to carry a motorbike to a long distance.
How much does it cost to transport a pit bike to a long-distance?
When you will fit a pit bike inside of your car, you can complete the job almost free of cost. But purchasing a dirt bike trailer or hitch-mounted carrier may cost you a good amount of bucks. One good thing is that purchasing a transporting kit for once will allow you to transport your dirt bikes or pit bikes any time you want. Here is a little chart that shows the expected amount you will need to spend to transport your pit bike to a long distance-
Inside of a car
Almost free of cost.
On a pickup truck
Almost free of cost.
Dirt bike mounting rack for pickup truck
Dirt bike trailer
Dirt hitch mounted carrier
$130-$300 dollars (depending on the size)
Some pro tips
Here are some of the pro tips that might help you to transport a pit bike or to fit it inside of a car-
- Only go for fitting a pit bike inside of a car when it is necessary.
- Transporting a pit bike upright is the most convenient option to ensure good health.
- Drain all the oil and fuel before you carry the bike to a long distance.
- Pack all the instruments up carefully if you have a plan to dismantle the pit bike.
- Only get into the process when you are confident about doing it.
Can you fit a pit bike inside of a train?
Unlike pets or dogs, you are not allowed to carry a pit bike or dirt bike inside of a train.
The fuel and oil mixture that stays in the fuel tank will not allow you to transport your pit bike inside of a train. Because the rules say that you do not have the authenticity to carry flammable, toxic, or such chemicals in a crowded and confined place.
Since a train is a public transportation system, it is better to avoid carrying a pit bike inside of a train. Otherwise, you may have to face trouble in the longer run.
- Fitting a pit bike inside of a smaller car is not a simpler job to accomplish.
- One should only go for doing so only when he has no other options left.
- There are some other easier options available as well to allow you to carry a pit bike with ease.
- A pickup truck is the cheapest alternative available.
- A hitch-mounted carrier or trailer might seem expensive, but they are the safest options as well.
Last Updated on June 28, 2022 by fahad